Post forward features list
Insurance Post writers are working on the features listed below.
You may contact the journalists directly to offer interviews and comments.
Please make sure they have all relevant material several days before the deadline.
Topic: Caring for the elderly – is the insurance industry up to the challenge?
Author: Rachel Gordon
Deadline: 24th January
Social care remains high on the government’s agenda, even if few long-term solutions have been formulated. Meanwhile the current landscape is hugely problematic. Care home fees are high, and residents may have been forced to sell their properties to meet the costs. Yet the homes themselves do not always care sufficiently well for their vulnerable inhabitants and as the case of Four Seasons Healthcare shows – the second largest provider is embroiled in a debt crisis and may collapse. And although highly regulated, it seems there are many examples of homes being found inadequate with low staffing levels – which may be fuelled further by Brexit – and too high levels of risk.
- Are brokers and insurers feeling this is a sustainable sector to operate in? Can they offer affordable cover to meet the exposures and are claims rising?
- Further, is there sufficient cover for the burgeoning domiciliary care sector? The UK has seen a surge in agencies set up to provide care for the elderly in their own homes.
- What types of risks exist and is there opportunity for insurers here? There are also growing numbers of self-employed carers – are there sufficient products for them and are they taking out the right cover?
- Is there scope for the insurance industry to offer more protection for those engaged in care for the elderly?
- Is there scope for a new product to pay for end of life care through policies taken out earlier in life (similar to life insurance)?
Topic: The expansion of the global space market: What opportunities does this present to insurers?
Author: Edward Murray
Deadline: 31st January
According to a new Lloyd’s report, NewSpace: bringing the new frontier closer to home, the global space market could increase in value from $300 billion today to $1 trillion by 2040, driven by NewSpace companies entering the sector.
- What space insurance products are currently available? What phases do these products cover?
- Lloyd's recently launched a new space insurance policy, Llift Space, which allows customers to cover their assets, for example, pre-launch phase but can choose elements most relevant to their coverage needs.
- What risks are covered?
- How has the availability of cover changed over time?
- How about cover for space tourism, for example, Virgin Galactic? What cover is being offered to passengers?
No, you can’t get final sign-off
Dear PR friends,
Following some requests received by Post’s freelancers and in-house journalists, we’d like to clarify a few points regarding quotations.
- We prefer you to trust us and not ask to check the quotations. Interviews are recorded; the points made by the spokesperson will be reported faithfully.
- For features, if you need to get the quotes approved, let us know in advance and get them signed off well within deadline. You’ll be able to see your spokesperson’s quotes, not the whole article.
- In some cases (technical points, figures, dates, unusual spellings), we’re happy for you to check we didn’t make mistakes.
- Only factual mistakes will be amended.
- We have a style guide and we’ll stick to it.
If you find these rules unreasonable, you may opt out of contributing comments. But we hope to continue working with you in a constructive and trusting atmosphere.
The Post team