The team in charge of the Lloyd’s Blueprint One modernisation plans admits the process is not yet pinned down as Lloyd’s CEO John Neal said they would be “happy” to run proofs of concept several times before hitting on success, as the corporation today published plans for the project and revealed it will take a 40% stake in Placing Platform Limited.
Law firm Kennedys has spun out part of its innovation function as a separate wholly-owned limited company in order to speed up product development and attract staff more suited to its technology/software focus.
Delays to the legislation that will govern the whiplash portal mean it is highly unlikely the portal will launch in April, Association of British Insurers director general Huw Evans projected.
The idea of a Flood Re Plus scheme has been mooted by Airmic as a solution for those businesses that struggled to obtain flood cover
Our adjusters are encountering extreme conditions as they visit homeowners and businesses affected by #StormDennis. One of our agricultural adjusters @MaxwellPerris demonstrates the water levels people are experiencing. #CrawfordRestores pic.twitter.com/Q8EJskAplY— Crawford & Company (@crawco) February 18, 2020
- Kennedys spins out inhouse innovation team as stand-alone business
- ABI expects whiplash portal to launch 'beyond' April
- UKGI CEOs want to fix the loyalty penalty: Penny James
- FCA to make 'direct contact' with individuals whose data was published online in error
- ABI calls for annual government flood defence spending to rise to £1.2bn
- Deliveroo investors back £3.3m raise for ex-Aviva innovation head's gig economy insurtech
- Culture 'ingrained' in FCA’s remit
The top 100 UK insurers have been on top of their game this year. Find out who ranks highest in the Top 100 UK insurers in Post’s 2019 countdown, produced in association with AM Best.
Post, in association with Tällt Ventures, indexes those that have the most potential to influence, change or disrupt the global market.
Post revisited its popular Census research to find out how closely the sector reflects the society it serves.
One year after Post’s first nationwide cyber insurance survey, Michèle Bacchus revisits the policies, claims and statistics to give you the low-down on what to expect now and in the future of this fast-moving sector.